Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Best Crabcakes In Maryland 2010



I have always liked the programming, a very young age. My first program was written in the ancient Commodore VIC-20, three lines of Basic that endlessly repeated phrase on the screen fixed. My first computer was a Commodore 64, where in the sixth grade writing programs to apply the theorem of Euclid. At first I found the world more than x86, and I started programming on a 286 with DOS 3.3, but the screen was monochrome wireframe graphics was more than enough. The university was the period of programming C + +, Win32 and the first approaches to HTML + CSS. Then there was a relatively long period of server-side web programming, mainly PHP + MySQL. I plan on working too, but in a completely different and uncorrelated, since it is completely focused on Verilog / VHDL.

Now is the time to change again, the tremendous potential of new mobile platforms. I refer to Smartphone and Tablet. Actually the first approach was just over 5 years ago, with the first phones with Access, but the excessive complication of the development tools as well as the fragmentation of device (And on compatibility) discouraged me from the start.

Recently, I also thanks to the incredible success of the iPhone + Appstore, I came back the desire. So I explored the landscape of opportunities.
  • iPhone was my first choice, either to the size of the market want the stability of the platform. Unfortunately I've come up against in the inevitable closure of Apple, required language (Objective-C), an obligation to join the developer program with its payment (not too), an obligation to use a Mac for development tools (the biggest problem ), uncertainty of the future (rules of the AppStore not completely known and clear).
  • Nokia Second choice would have been my favorite for the innate sympathy I have for Nokia and its products. I've really tried, with Maemo and then also with the QT-SDK. Two almost insurmountable problems that made me give up: too much fragmentation of devices and difficult to address the incredible development tools, too difficult to tame for me.
  • Android I had read many good things about Android and also much criticism, was the first last chance to rethink my approach to programming on mobile devices. At this point, my claims were dropped, I did not mind so much the Store, dissemination or fragmentation, I was interested in your base, that the development tools were accessible and usable for me (in the sense of my ability and knowledge). As I explain in a separate post, I went from complete novice (apart from a bit 'of Java that I already knew), I read the tutorial to install the development tools to the first classic Hello World. Less than two hours and was fully operational from scratch, all the toolchain working, from project creation to Run on the virtual device. Android won hands down.

What do you want to be this BLOG

This blog is the diary of my exploration of the universe Android . I do not know anything about Android, I have fair knowledge programming newbie like me to explain all the right steps (a few) and wrong (many) that I will. Do not be severe in judgments, I do it for fun, make mistakes and wasting time is not a problem for me when it's a hobby. However, write reviews and comments are welcome. :)


Delusions and idiosyncrasies

I firmly believe that you learn about a person when you begin to appreciate or despise certain fixations or idiosyncrasies. Even I know I have some many.
  • I do not like tabs, I prefer the space, namely 3
  • Almost all editors have as default Courier 10pt, I'm always 8pt
  • What are they waiting to put in the column-edit all editors?
  • I do not like to waste a whole line just to open the clip alone {
  • I genetically unable to write file names with spaces
  • hate code files that exceed the three screens in length
  • 99% of programmers can not indent your code
  • comments mainly serve to make the code more readable graphic
  • The object-oriented programming is often used inappropriately
  • I have an almost religious attention not to waste bytes (legacy HDL)
  • Since a role to play, fewer lines of code are written, there will be fewer bugs
  • ... others will follow as I will have in mind

0 comments:

Post a Comment